This is the same design as the standard Compact Wallet, but with a Shell Cordovan exterior and orange White Wax Buttero interior. Cordovan is an equine leather made from the highly fibrous connective tissue - the shell - underneath the flesh on the butt of the horse. This leather is flexible, yet strong, and is known for exhibiting the best wear and patina out of any cut/tanning process. If you're wondering why this wallet costs a little more, Shell Cordovan is very labor intensive to produce - few tanneries have the ability and knowledge to do so- and costs in excess of $100 per square foot. You can read more about Shell Cordovan leather here.
As for the White Wax interior. This is a unique leather that has a pale white appearance that develops a rich color over time that "pulls up" as the wax warms with contact and sinks into the underlying tannage.
Every material this wallet is constructed with is top of the line.
- Saddle stitched using Ritza tiger thread
- Finished Edges
- Hot foil stamp
- Shell Cordovan Exterior
- White wax Buttero interior
- Walpier Dollaro lining
- Made to order
- One wallet is available unlined and features the tannery stamp from the shell.
This is our flagship wallet design and features:
- Two easily accessible card pockets, each holding 1-2 cards
- Third card pocket that comfortably holds 5-6 cards. Great for magnetic badges, health insurance cards that you don't need on a daily basis
- Cash pocket that holds a small/medium bill
Made for you by me in Boston, MA.