This is the same design as the standard Compact Wallet, but with a Shell Cordovan exterior and Conceria Walpier Buttero interior. Cordovan is an equine leather made from the highly fibrous connective tissue - the shell - underneath the flesh on the butt of the horse. This leather is flexible, yet strong, and is known for exhibiting the best wear and patina out of any cut/tanning process. If you're wondering why this wallet is so expensive, Shell Cordovan is very labor intensive to produce - few tanneries have the ability and knowledge to do so- and costs in excess of $100 per square foot. You can read more about Shell Cordovan leather here.
- Saddle stitched using Ritza tiger thread
- Finished Edges
- Hot foil stamp
- Shell Cordovan Exterior
- Buttero interior
- Pigskin lining option
- Made to order
- One wallet is available unlined and features the tannery stamp from the shell.
This is our flagship wallet design and features:
- Two easily accessible card pockets, each holding 1-2 cards
- Third card pocket that comfortably holds 5-6 cards. Great for magnetic badges, health insurance cards that you don't need on a daily basis
- Cash pocket that holds a small/medium bill
Made for you by me in Boston, MA.